About MTB Holiday Package - Aosta Valley in Aosta Valley
We have been travelling to the Aosta Valley since 2009 for our Italian mountain bike fix and it has been a labour of love to create an epic mountain bike holiday for our clients in this incredible corner of the Italian Alps but we finally feel ready, this place is simply too good not to share.
From the Italian culture and their laid-back approach to life which moves at an even slower pace in these stunning alpine towns to their incredible food and wine this is much more than a mountain bike holiday. During your week you will ride everything from ancient Aostan single track walkers paths to the flat-out, raw, Enduro World Series stages in La Thuile. Whilst riding these epic trails you can always sense the vast, towering presence of the Four giants of the Alps towering 4000 metres above you including Mt Bianco, Cervino, Monte Rosa and Gran Paradiso. You are truly riding in the presence of giants on our Aosta valley holidays.
- Accommodation in a stunning B&B in the centre of Aosta town.
- Return airport transfers from Geneva or Turin Airport with bike carriage.
- Amazing, locally sourced Breakfast
- Five full days of guiding in Pila, La Thuile and the Aosta Valley backcountry
- Crisp linen, towels and toiletries.
- Secure bike storage, bike wash down station with Peaty's Products and works area with Park Tool stand, brushes, tools and pump.
- Welcome beer and talk
For 2019 the price will be from £1199 per person *Flights, lunch evening meals and drinks are not included.
Our Aosta Valley mountain bike holidays run in the months of July and August, Sunday to Sunday. This allows us to utilise some of the best lift systems in the world and gain some huge altitude for our epic descents.
You'll arrive in Turin or Geneva airport where we'll be there to meet you and take you to your hotel in the centre of Aosta, metres from all the action.
The accommodation is stunning, bang in the centre of town, lovingly renovated and steeped in local culture, it's a luxurious and comfortable base for your Aosta Valley mountain bike holiday. With spacious twin or double rooms, large and comfortable beds, Sky TV, Nespresso machines and luxurious bathrooms complete with their own stereo system. With secure bike storage and workshop on site, it has everything you'd need for a mountain bike holiday in the Aosta Valley.
We'll have a welcome aperitivo on the Sunday evening with your guide for the week, to speak about the program, what you'll be riding and what you'll need. As well as picking the guides brains you'll also get to know your fellow companions, should you be a mixed group.
You will meet at 9h each morning, some days will start earlier in order to transfer you to the resort or location planned for the day. You'll ride until the lifts close or the shuttle finishes at around 1730h each day. Lunch will be taken at a variety of locations, from mountain refuge's and osteria's to a backpacked sandwich with an epic view.
What else we can provide
Important additional info
- 30% per person, the non-refundable booking deposit is required to secure your place on the Riders Week, the full balance is due 8 weeks before your arrival in Aosta.
- We try to keep all groups together but sometimes when group numbers are odd you can be sharing with another party member.
- Places are limited to 7 due to van requirements. Groups of 10 -12 can be accommodated if booked far enough in advance to secure extra transport, guides and accommodation.
- The riding standard and fitness level required to ride the Aosta Valley is high. This is not only for your enjoyment and personal safety, but it is also for the groups. The riding can be very technical, long and exposed. Please follow our ability assessor and ask any questions before making your booking.
Follow our Ability Assessor to see if this holiday is for you
Please take a look at our Track Check video's here so you can see just how epic this destination is and what to expect
NB - Your bike and kit should be well prepared for long enduro rides away from bike shop support. You'll need to carry a pack with you at all times with hydration, jacket, a tube, pump, tyre levers and at least a basic multi-tool.
NB - The Aosta Valley is a sensitive ecological area. Downhill bikes are not permitted on the valley's trails that are shared with walkers. We also ask you observe respect and local mountain culture. Though we do not insist, certain trails are best ridden in an open face helmet in order to not promote reckless riding or intimidate hikers.
FLIGHTS - Due to the extended travel time and costs of transfers from Geneva airport (due to navigating the Mont Blanc range), pick up's from Geneva airport incur an extra charge of £50 per person. All incoming and departing clients will be grouped onto the same transfer, if you wish avoid long waits at the airport you will need to coordinate flight times with us.
Booking and Availability