We could never have expected this virus to turn into a global pandemic whilst we were eating our Christmas turkey and celebrating the New Year back in December. 2020 was looking to be our biggest and best year to date with new packages, properties, staff and partners for our clients to enjoy and we fully intend for you to still enjoy all these new elements be it in 2020 or the future!
However we are now here and we have to look at it with a clear view. Our aim is to provide epic Mountain Bike Holidays, it always has been and always will. For now that involves looking after our clients, our staff, friends, families and the business so we can keep the wheels rolling into 2020, 2021 and many years beyond!
This page will keep you up to date with the most recent happenings and hopefully give you some reassurance regarding your booking or if your are considering placing a future booking!
Updated 23.03.20 - We are expecting more updates on the 26th March after further industry talks.
The Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO) have now updated the travel advice for British Nationals, as of March 17th, which advises against all but essential international travel which takes place immediately and applies initially for a period of 30 days.
The Coronavirus situation is having a huge impact on holidays and we understand that you may have questions about any cancelled holiday or upcoming holidays. We want to reassure you that we’re working around the clock to help our customers and our advice is always guided by the FCO, Travel Vault and ABTA, with whom we are working very closely.
Update 25th March - Easy yet open their 2021 flights upto Feb and also offer a free date change, Let hope they extend this to the Summer months also if you are looking to change dates - https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/363590/coronavirus-easyjet-releases-winter-schedule-early
We have contacted all group leaders for any holidays during the Spring period that have been cancelled due to travel restrictions. Please liaise directly with your group leader to learn about the guidance that we have given. At the present time, we are offering customers who have had their holiday cancelled (departures between March 17 and April 19th) the option to change their travel date for an alternative holiday or destination over the 2020/21 operating period if your balance has been paid in full.
If possible we fully intend to operate in Italy this Spring (however unlikely this is looking) and have/will again contact all bookings upto the 14th June with the options available including moving your booking to an alternative date or destination within the 2020/21 operating period if this is not possible.
If you have to cancel your trip in line with current advice from ABTA and the Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), you should check with your travel insurance provider to see if you have cover available under your policy to claim for a refund. Once you have this information, please contact our team who will discuss next steps, on [email protected]
We fully intend to operate in the Summer months from the 20th June - 21st September.
You can keep upto date with the FCO travel advice for the country you are travelling to here
- France - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/email-signup
- Italy - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/email-signup
- Austria - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria/email-signup
Should their travel advice change to advise against travelling to your destination and your holiday is affected, we will contact you to discuss your options.
Please note that our standard booking terms and conditions apply to any amendments, cancellations, deposits and final balance payments.
Our deposits are non refundable, however we are happy to move your booking to an alternative date during the 2020 operating period if this is done before your 8 week final balance deadline and availability allows.
There will also be the option to change your travel date to 2021 if your balance has been paid in full. We are doing this from the final balance due date as to keep it fair for everyone and that also means no one can take the dates after their original booking date so all future moves have the same respect.
See T&C's here - https://www.mtbbeds.com/booking-terms-conditions
It may sound counter-intuitive to pay out more money to guarantee either a holiday or your money back, but that is the way the system works that we operate within.
We ask you to settle the balance payment for your holiday (by the due date detailed on your Confirmation email and MyBooking portal). If the final balance is not paid by the due date and you have not contacted us to request a date move or discuss an alternative option this will be taken as a cancellation of the booking and the deposit held so please keep us in the loop if you decided not to pay or cancel. Please see clause 25 in our T&C's for non payment and liability.
Yes. We can understand that the situation is causing some concerns, but we would never operate a holiday to a destination which is unsafe to do so, and if any travel restrictions come into force then we will contact you as soon as we know to discuss your options.
Again keep upto date with the FCO advice with the links above.
Any NEW bookings placed from now, 20th March onward for the 2020 operating period will be refunded in full by us if you are not able to purchase travel insurance and the FCO advise again travel. You must have paid your deposit and final balance in terms with our T&C's. We will ask for proof that you could not purchase insurance that is all.
Because we believe in protecting our clients, and if the worst case scenario did happen you can be secure in the knowledge that your money is protected in full by a Travel Vault insurance policy.
This is called a Passenger Protection Policy and costs us a large sum to have in place each year but we feel it is only fair to protect your money and under the Package Travel Regulations. If you are provided with two or more elements in a package it is a legal operating requirement. PLEASE check a company has this in place before you book any trips.
Seasonal Beds Ltd is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with '' The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018'' all passengers booking with Seasonal Beds Ltd are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Seasonal Beds Ltd. This insurance has been arranged by The Travel Vault in conjunction with Towergate Travel through Zurich Insurance PLC.
In the unlikely event of Insolvency, you must Inform Towergate Travel immediately on +44 (0) 1932 334140 or by email at [email protected] . Please ensure you retain the booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value.
Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid for Travel Insurance
How will I know if my travel plans are going to be affected?
We are constantly monitoring the UK’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO), and are in constant communications with ABTA and the local health authorities at our destinations. We will respond to any advice by FCO (or foreign government agencies) against non-essential travel to your destination. We will contact you as soon as it is clear that we won’t be able to operate your holiday. However, the unpredictable nature of Coronavirus may mean that decisions about cancelling or changing your holiday may take place just a few days before your departure.
What Happens if I Decide to Cancel My Trip?
If you decide not to travel and choose to cancel your holiday then our usual cancellation terms apply. We advise that you contact your travel insurance provider in advance to check your terms for cancellation.
Will I be covered by my travel insurance if I decide to cancel?
Usually, your travel insurance will only cover you if your trip was planned for an area the FCO has now specifically advised against travelling to. However, we would advise you check with your travel insurance provider as there may be exceptions for other instances, such as if you are concerned about a serious underlying medical condition.
Should I book holiday insurance?
According to personal finance expert Martin Lewis, if you currently have a holiday booked for any destination, you should get insurance as soon as possible because the situation at your destination could quickly change.
Should the FCO change its advice and warn against travel to a new area you should be covered if your insurance is taken out before the advice changes, but should you try to take out insurance after the fact you will not get it.