The Deakinator, he's handy on a bike and he's coming to Finale Ligure to show you how to ride like a boss! With numerous podiums and results to his name in the UK and around the globe to include 2017 Masters National Champion, a 2nd Megavalanche 2017 in Masters and a 1st at Crankworx New Zealand Air DH. He's been a friend of the MTB Beds brand since it's beginning and has holidayed with us many times himself, so he knows what to bring to the table!
CAMP DATES - 07/04/2019 - 14/04/2019
Camp summary and what you can expect to take away from them;
- Invaluable bike setup advice from a seasoned pro and experienced coach
- Confidence to handle technical terrain, rocks, roots, cambers and drops
- Skills broken down from the ground up on bike handling basics from body positions to bunny hops
- Knowledge of how to apply the skills you learn and take them back to your home trails and be a hero
- Remembering what is like to have a bloody good time on your bike, all while learning in a fun environment
- Relieve the pressure of worrying about sections or features on a trail, we'll give you the confidence to charge
Introducing the Deakinator
The Deakinator has become a cult icon in the mountain bike industry. A figurehead of fun and good times on and off the bike, but what many don't realise is he's actually one of the UK's most respected mountain bike coaches. After an serious injury sustained on tour as Royal Marine Commando, Ben turned his passion into a career;
- MTB Coach Highest Level (10+ Years)
- MIAS Level 4
- British Cycling Level 2
- CTC Skills Instructor
- Adventure First Aid Trained
Ben's skills camps will bring all the elements we love in our holidays within the environment of a professional coaching program. You'll spend all week riding and hanging out with Ben, with specific sessions organised tailored to your needs.
This is the full package and will include the Ben Deakin coaching experience alongside our loved, tried and tested holiday accommodation in our stunning Italian townhouse next to the beach.
The "rough" week's itinerary -
* Day 1 - Arrival - Bike assembly, setup and advice from Ben and our Mechanic. We'll spend the afternoon in the square with a beer discussing bike setup and what you'd like to work on throughout the week.
* Day 2 - Coaching - Uplifts to classic feature packed Finale Ligure trails, where you will ride with Ben for the morning, he will be assessing each of you to tailor the afternoons first coaching session. After lunch Classic sessions on cornering, line choice, rock gardens, breaking points, jump and drop technique.
* Day 3 - Coaching the lines - We'll take you to a trail in the morning, do one run to asses a trail, followed by a run breaking the trail down with Ben, stopping at various sections to discuss line choice. We'll then repeat the run without stopping. Followed by an afternoon of riding some classic Finale Ligure trails.
* Day 4 - Race and Relax - Uplifts to a classic Finale Ligure trail where the morning will be spent practising one trail, to put into practice the previous days coaching. A relaxed pre-lunch race will be held with timing on the run. The afternoon will see us go to one of Finale Ligure's most challenging trails where will tour the backcountry, finishing at the beach.
* Day 5 - Down Day - Ride or Rest day
* Day 6 - Coaching Recap - Uplifts for a flow trail morning with specific 30-minute sessions on cornering, line choice, rock gardens, breaking points, jump and drop technique. After lunch, the same process will be repeated on more technically demanding terrain.
* Day 7 - Re-Runs - On the last morning the final pieces of the puzzle will be put together before repeating timed runs on the same trail as Day 3. After lunch the name of the game is to have as much fun as possible on Finale Ligure's insane trail network before an epic ride back into town to finish.
Skids for kids with the Deakinator
What's included -
- Everything in the training package above.
- #OiOi swag
- Accommodation in our stunning villa located only metres from the beach and town square of Finale Ligure.
- Return airport transfers To/From Nice airport with bike carriage.
- Amazing, locally sourced food, served 5 nights of the week, continental breakfast with eggs every morning.
- Coaching, Guiding and uplifts around the world-renowned trails of Finale Ligure
- Crisp, clean, white linen, towels and toiletries along with beach towels.
- Experienced, professional and knowledgeable hosts.
- Onsite mechanic, bike wash down station with Peaty's products and works area with Park Tool stand, brushes, tools and pump.
What's not Included -
- Flights to and from Nice or Genoa airport.
- Dinner on two nights, this allows you to enjoy Finale Ligure's beautiful restaurant scene.
- Lunches at any one of Finale Ligure's most incredible Osteria's, with only fresh and local produce used. These range from €10-€15 per day and are well worth it.
- Any bike parts you may require, or advanced assistance you may require from our mechanic (suspension servicing etc).
Finale Ligure is a bucket list destination for any mountain biker
*NB - You will likely be sharing a room with another person. Rooms are Twin, Triple and Quad in their makeup.
These camps are tailored to riders of any age or gender (over 16), who want to improve their riding at a good level.
You should arrive at the camp with a good base skill level. Though you will be coached, given advice and guiding, the riding in Finale Ligure is challenging. You should be quite confident on technical terrain with the ability to handle yourself on red runs at a location such as Bike Park Wales and be comfortable tackling black runs.
To book your place on the Camp please use the contact form below
Please add the Camp name - OiOi, so we know which camp you wish to join,