Chris Kilmurray is a coach and mentor to many world-class mountain bikers, including Tahnée Seagrave, Greg Callaghan, Katy Winton & Greg Williamson. Establishing Point1 Athletic Development in 2011, Chris has coached riders and racers of all levels, helping them achieve their riding and racing goals through an integrative, holistic approach to performance improvement.
As a consultant coaching expert for the UCI (Union Cycliste Internationale) & World Cycling Centre in Aigle, Switzerland in addition to coaching duties at UCI DH World Cups and Enduro World Series events Chris has gained the experience needed to help any type of rider progress. Catch him at work here on Red Bull TV and in the The Search for the World Champs Winning Formula from the 2018 World Championships on Pinkbike.
CAMP DATES - 12/05/2019 - 19/05/2019
Camp summary and what you can expect to take away from them;
- Pre and Post ride warm up and cool down principles to build on and progress yourself
- Strength conditioning yoga and exercise classes you can use away from the gym.
- Fully individualised conditioning, strength, power and mobility training advice.
- Knowledge of how to keep your training up when travelling, racing or just to fit in with your work life.
- Cooking class, recipes and knowledge from Chris and our professional chef
- Integrating nutrition, physical training and tactical riding to maximise your training time and results.
- Breakdown of ways to approach an EWS or enduro event, approach, travel, bike setup, practice days, race days and post race.
Introducing Chris Kilmuray
Chris's approach has to be one of the most complete in the game, the research that goes into every facet of a rider's development is insane. We'll condense the week into the model of an EWS race weekend, from arrival on location to training and race days. This will be backed up with a tailor-made training program for you to take with you, ready for the race season ahead.
*NB - Camps are limited to 7 people, we feel this allows the perfect coach to athlete ratio for the methods of Point1 Athletic. This provides us with greater flexibility during the week to make sure we maximise every element of the camp.
This is the full package and will include the Point1 Athletic professional coaching experience alongside accommodation in our stunning Italian townhouse next to the beach. These camps are bespoke offerings tailored exactly to the needs of the aspiring racer. Chris' approach and wealth of knowledge means you will get a whole lot more than just tips on how to ride a bike fast!
The week's itinerary -
* Day 1 - Arrival - Bike assembly, setup and if desired advice from our in-house ex-World Cup mechanic. If arriving before 13h a warm-up group pedal to a local town trail. Individual and group discussion on the week ahead over dinner.
* Day 2 - Training to Train - Pre-ride warm up. Uplifts to classic feature packed Finale Ligure trails, shakedown ride to bed in bikes and bodies - from here we dig into two key training methods to help you get the most from your on the bike time.
* Day 3 - Practice + - Warm-Up. Uplifts to a previously used EWS stage for practice & timing. The trail will be ridden once as practice, then you set a time. The rest of the day will be spent on digging into all aspects of on-trail performance and off the bike preparations that will help you crush your race times, including bike setup advice from our mechanic and all the pre-stage "re-Warm-Up" and nutritional top-tips you can handle form Point1! Once Ready, you will set another time. In the evening GoPro reviews and Practice + Reflections. *GoPro provided
* Day 4 - Train for Racing - A day focused on the finer details of physical preparation for racing & riding. We start early with a "fasted" ride and coffee stop followed by a substantial breakfast. Early Afternoon is spent sampling a variety of core sprint and interval sessions, followed by awesome trails to help consolidate learning so far. Evening time takes onto regeneration strategies; from breathing to stretching and more specific methods of recovery.
* Day 5 - Down Day - Ride or Rest day - Morning Practical Nutrition session on breakfast, food intake for training adaptations, trail snacks and on the bike eating for performance. Afternoon fun shred for those keen.
* Day 6 - Rider Led Practice Day - Time to break down and re-build your approach to race practice and training. A morning session on two contrasting trails in Finale Ligure is used to fine-tune tactics, the mental practice "switch", line choice, braking zones, vision, position and direction. Post lunch a 3 stage race day is practised with shuttle assistance. Each run is ridden once only. The day is finished with a Short but focused evening recovery session with optimal race day performance focus!
* Day 7 - Race Day - Shuttled to a set location to be used as base camp for the day. The 3 stages practised are raced and timed throughout the morning, minimal shuttle assistance offered. You will race the stages to bring everything you have learnt together. Post race a well earned recovery beer and a final Q&A with Chris.
What's Included -
- Everything in the training package above.
- Comprehensive pre-camp training programme 8 weeks before you arrive to really engage and focus you.
- Accommodation in our stunning villa located only metres from the beach and town square of Finale Ligure.
- Return airport transfers To/From Nice airport with bike carriage.
- Amazing, locally sourced food, served 5 nights of the week, continental breakfast with eggs every morning.
- Coaching, Guiding and uplifts around the world-renowned trails of Finale Ligure
- Crisp, clean, white linen, towels and toiletries along with beach towels.
- Experienced, professional and knowledgeable hosts.
- Onsite mechanic, bike wash down station with Peaty's products and works area with Park Tool stand, brushes, tools and pump.
What's not Included -
- Flights to and from Nice or Genoa airport.
- Dinner on two nights, this allows you to enjoy Finale Ligure's beautiful restaurant scene.
- Lunches at any one of Finale Ligure's most incredible Osteria's, with only fresh and local produce used. These range from €10-€15 per day and are well worth it.
- Any bike parts you may require, or advanced assistance you may require from our mechanic (suspension servicing etc).
Home to the EWS Finale Ligure is bucket list stuff
*NB - If booking as an individual you will likely be sharing a room with another person. Rooms are Twin, Triple and Quad in their makeup.
These camps are tailored to riders, of any age or gender (over 16), who want to improve their riding and approach to racing at a high level. You should be a competitive or aspiring athlete and have a high base skill level. These camps are not focused entirely on instructing bike skills, they are based around bringing the best from your riding and your ability, so you should be confident on highly technical terrain already in order to get the most from these camps.
EWS Specific training and race preparation camp - £1049pp
To book your place on the EWS Training Camp please use the contact form below
Please add the Camp name - Point 1, so we know which camp you wish to join.