Morzine has begun it's hibernation, the trails are being worked on ready for next summer, the lifts are closed and the restaurants are busy cleaning. It's time for Netflix, carpentry and tiling for many of the Portes du Soleil locals.
Finale Ligure however is just getting started! Going into our second full season here, we can say only what we've seen over the past 4 years of coming here both on holiday, on research adventures and when hosting the best mountain bike holiday money can buy......it just keeps on giving. Every year we think we've seen it all, and we're proven wrong.
We've been exploring....
So what's new?
We've been investigating in the deepest of Finale Ligure's sweltering summer heat to see what the busy bee's of Finale's trail building network have been up to.
First a quick update on work for current trails;
- Little Champery has been completely renovated from top to bottom. A steep, fast trail littered with rocks and tight high consequence turns, it's going to be incredible! Check here for a track check very soon!
- Roller Coaster has been treated to a touch up aswell! A Finale Ligure mainstay, this is a trail on every single riders hitlist before they come, it's often in need of a touch up, you're in for a treat this September if you've booked! Have a look at a run with Phil Atwill here.
- H-Trail is one of Nato Base's most loved and flat out runs. The entire area has had some love, this trail is surely going to bring a whole lot of stoke as it's often the one that bring the most high fives at the bottom.
- Madre Natura, home to a rock slab that has claimed many a victim, it's equally fun and challenging, be excited as this one is something to conquer. With a freshen up of the trademark twisty turns and jumps, it'll be a belter!
- 115 Has the more typically enduro style pitch to it. The longest of Nato's trails it'll be a relief to see it smooth and fresh!
Don't forget crowd favourite Base Trail!
But what's NEW???
If you've ever stopped to look around the highest points of Finale Ligure, you can't fail to notice the sheer scope and scale of the Ligurian countryside. The potential here is outstanding. Well, if you have you're not the only one.
Marco, Paolo, Alessandro and Louise have been working on an extension of a Finale Ligure classic, we've ridden it and it's outstanding fun! Full of loam , natural turns and flow. If their dream is realised, it'll finish on the valley floor and will be one of the best trails in the area! We're not going to tell you online where it is, they put in the hard yards, we'll let them show you when you've booked through us or the guys themselves!
Next up is a whole new zone, again, we're not going to share online with just anyone where to find this stuff! But suffice to say, we're talking 4WD access only, we're talking new towns, we're talking new hillsides, new zones, new trails, new adventures. The best part? You don't need to travel to the ends of the earth to get there, it's all accessible from Finale Ligure's trail network. The towns of Mallare and Bormida host these new and rediscovered beauties. Get excited!
Labelled as a Back Country Tour, We're stoked to be working with these guys. We plan to bring you not only Finale Ligure tours, but incredible, once in a lifetime experiences from Just Ride, the incredible Osteria El Cantoniere and the vast experience of the owners Louise and Alessandro, watch this space!
Back Country Tour
Sure! We've been adapting our offering since we started, always looking for the next cool trail or experience to show our clients. We'll be lunching on a rock one day in the week, not just any rock! One with possibly the best lookout point of anywhere in Liguria to the Mediterranean.
G our mechanic looking out to the Med...
We'll be hitting up Sportorno, an area we've started using but are yet to fully explore....
Not to mention....
Don't forget the Enduro World Series is once again hosting the final round of series here. We'll be attending and some of us will be racing, so we'll be sure to get you the lowdown on the newest trails as soon as their made available for public to ride!
We're fully booked for Autumn 2018....So get in early for Spring! We'll be kicking things off in March with three different camps, delivered by us and 3 of our best contacts in the game, tailored to the aspiring athlete, the girls who want to blow their limits and just about anyone that wants to have fun on the bike and pick up the vital tips on how to do it. Watch this space....