If its Bike and Travel insurance you are looking for we have just the company for you. Since 2017 we have had a partnership with Yellow Jersey. Their comprehensive policies mean we’re happy to recommend them as we know they cover all the requirements of our guests. Their policies are available as short-term and annual, so you can just get sorted for this trip or get covered for riding all year long. The two policies work in tandem to keep both you and your bike fully covered for your trip.
Yellow Jersey don't just insure you for general riding but they also include in their policy racing and all your travelling needs. You can rest assured in the knowledge that with Yellow Jersey you are fully covered at home and away you can choose from a 12 month policy or short term packages which suits individual trips such as Morzine.
Some insurance provides also state that "Downhill" mountain biking is not covered in your policy and that is no good at all, so check before you buy with anyone else exactly what you are getting.
See a few reasons below why we choose to work with YellowJersey
We have had the first-hand experience of bike theft from our Bristol base in the UK, when we claimed Yellow Jersey had assessed our claim and carried out all the necessary paperwork involved within 24 hrs, the service received was second to none.
Make sure you have insurance cover for your mountain bike, be it an Enduro mountain bike, downhill mountain bike or cross country bike. Morzine, Finale Ligure and all mountain bike holiday destinations present challenging terrain and there is also the risk of theft.
Their policies include
- Worldwide Cover as standard
- Theft cover even if you are away or have lent the bike to a family member
- Zero depreciation on your bikes value
- No increase in premiums if you make a claim
- Free DNA+ marking kit
- Vandalism cover
- Race wheel, pothole protection
- Race fee cancellation
- Crash damage while training and racing
- Theft (including from vehicles)
- 48hr transition cover
- Damage Cover in transit to bike or box
- £1000 Bike box cover as standard
- £250 Accessories cover as standard
- £750 of physio and dental cover
- £2,000,000 public liability cover
- 25% Renewal discount
- 60% “multi bike” discount
- Each bike on a policy can be valued up to £15,000
- Optional clothing, helmet and wetsuit cover
- Roadside recovery
- Family cover
- Available as short term or annual policies
The Performance policy covers your bike in Europe for up to 30 days at a time, while the Ultimate policy covers your bike worldwide for up to 120 days at a time.
Any cycle insurance claims you make will not affect your home insurance no claims bonus. They offer a 60% discount on all additional bicycles, and all the family’s bikes can go on one
Annual policies include
- A 25% renewal discount, even if you make a claim on the policy
- Free DNA+ marking kit to help with theft prevention, worth £36.
- Race fee entry cover
- Roadside recovery in the UK
If you already have travel insurance, make sure you check the small print. Many insurers exclude cover while cycling if it’s the main reason for your trip, especially mountain biking and ‘downhill’ mountain biking as it is a higher risk activity. You don’t want to find out the hard (and expensive) way that you’re not covered!
Yellow Jersey’s policy covers all the standard things you’d want from your travel insurance like trip cancellation, missed departure, delayed baggage and holiday abandonment, as well
● Your participation in all types of cycling, including racing
● Medical expenses, including mountain search & rescue and repatriation
● Emergency cycle hire and race fee cancellation cover
Happy crew knowing the are covered on holiday
Yellow Jersey MTB specific bike and travel insurance policy
Mountain Bike Cover from Yellow Jersey reflects these key points of difference and protects you, your bike and equipment from the unique risks that the sport presents.
- Competition Insurance Included. If you are racing, you’re covered automatically – irrespective of governing organisation. UK and Abroad. Whether you race XC, Enduro or Road Yellow Jersey Insurance can cover you!
- Crash Damage cover. This is usually, specifically excluded from a home insurance policy for cyclists, as well as being outside of the terms usually found under a manufacturers warranty. But it’s included as standard under a Yellow Jersey MTB Bike Insurance.
- Clothing and Equipment Cover. When you fall on the trail, there’s a greater chance that expensive equipment and clothing will get ripped or otherwise damaged. Our Mountain Bike Cover includes clothing and equipment protection.
- Worldwide bicycle cover as standard – Including competing. The UK boasts some amazing mountain bike trails but nothing compares to a 1800m Alpine descent. If your bike is damaged on a ride abroad or even in a bike box whilst in transit you’re covered. We will even cover you to hire a replacement bike if the unexpected happens and your mountain bike gets lost on route.
- UK Cycle Rescue as standard. If you get stuck somewhere with either a bike that’s damaged beyond use or a personal injury, our MTB Insurance policy will cover the cost of getting you home.
- 3rd Party Liability Insurance. Our Mountain Bike Insurance covers damage you might cause to other people and let’s face it collisions can happen on busy trails.
- If you like the sound of this get over to www.yellowjersey.co.uk/mtbbeds and take advantage of the MTBBEDS client only 10% discount as if the prices were not good enough already, we just made it better!
Make sure you have insurance cover for your mountain bike, be it an Enduro mountain bike, downhill mountain bike or cross country bike you need to have it insured. Morzine, Finale Ligure and all mountain bike holiday destinations present challenging terrain and there is also risk of theft.