We first met Sandra working as a guide for our uplift partners in Ride On Noli in Finale Ligure back in 2016. A German who calls herself Swiss but lives in Italy, she speaks English, German and Italian fluently.
From the first conversation we had with Sandra we knew she was someone that could show us a thing or two on a bike. There is a quiet confidence in her personality that translates into her riding style. We've yet to have a client arrive who can better Sandra on her home trails, and many a World Cup and Enduro professional have been impressed by her ability to carry so much speed with so little effort. Sandra Also just added the Finale Ligure EWS Challenger Champion title to her list of IXS and European races.
CAMP DATES - 08/09/2019 - 15/09/2019
Camp summary and what you can expect to take away from them;
- How to handle your bike on any kind of terrain, rocky, steep, fast, technical and in the air, you'll go through it all.
- How to approach a complete trail and sections of trail, learn line choice and adjust your mindset to gain confidence.
- How to flip an intimidating trail situation into a positive one.
- How to set up your bike in the most effective way to maximise your riding time and enjoyment.
- How to corner like a Goddess.
- How to have fun on your bike, if you are having fun your are usually going fast
Introducing Sandra Boerner
A fully qualified guide, Sandra has called Finale Ligure home for 3 years. She knows the trails here as well as anyone could and with her years of experience and skills on the bike, there aren't many better qualified to not only show you around Finale Ligure, but also show you how to ride fast in Finale Ligure.
Broken down into skills, corners, jumps and drops, line choice, keeping the flow and challenge, you'll find within each session the key tips you'll need to make sure you can approach any trail with the confidence, correct body position, bike setup and a mindset to have fun.
*NB - Camps are limited to 12 people, we feel this allows a good Guide and Coach to client ratio for the Women, Blow your limits camp. This provides us with greater flexibility during the week to make sure we maximise every element of the camp.
The week's itinerary -
* Day 1 - Arrival - Bike assembly, setup and if desired advice from our Mechanic. You'll meet up with Sandra who will get to know you all, talk about riding styles, preference, and what you'd all like to work on over the week.
* Day 2 - Skills - The first morning will be based on getting the basic skills dialled in. We'll do this in a chilled environment at base camp. She'll be working with you here on bike setup and building the foundation skills needed to tackle the trails in Finale Ligure. Soon after heading up the mountain to ride some trails before lunch. The afternoon will be spent applying the skills learnt in the morning on specific trail, before a long run back to the sea.
* Day 3 - Corners, Jumps and Drops - Broken up into 3 sessions, Sandra will be taking you to areas in Finale Ligure to work on these key riding skills; how to best carry speed through flat and berm corners, how to manage your body and bike over jumps and obstacles on the trail and drops, working from small to larger. You'll be repeating these trails again with Sandra to practice the skills learnt in the session.
* Day 4 - Line choice - The entire morning will be dedicated to looking at certain trails and the different way to navigate sections. Line choice may sound like we are all about racing, but the session will be more about how to read the terrain in front of you, and pick the best line you can. After lunch, the afternoon will be all about a fun shred.
* Day 5 - Down Day - By now you will have earned a rest, relax and soak up the sights, flavours and culture Finale Ligure has to offer.
* Day 6 - How to keep the flow - After a day off the bike the mind and body will be ready for more, but tired. We'll spend the morning on flow trails getting back up to speed. The afternoon will be spent on sessions of the groups choosing, so we can maximise your enjoyment and progression.
* Day 7 - Challenge - We'll spend the morning going back the sections you thought you could ride better, thought you couldn't do, or thought about leaving till the last day, no time like the present to tick the box! After lunch the afternoon will all about having a blast out on the hill.
What's Included -
- Everything in the training package above.
- Accommodation in our stunning villa located only metres from the beach and town square of Finale Ligure.
- Return airport transfers To/From Nice airport with bike carriage.
- Amazing, locally sourced food, served 5 nights of the week, continental breakfast with eggs every morning.
- Coaching, Guiding and uplifts around the world-renowned trails of Finale Ligure
- Crisp, clean, white linen, towels and toiletries along with beach towels.
- Experienced, professional and knowledgeable hosts.
- Onsite mechanic, bike wash down station with Peaty's products and works area with Park Tool stand, brushes, tools and pump.
What's not included -
* Flights to and from Nice or Genoa airport.
* Dinner on two nights, this allows you to enjoy Finale Ligure's beautiful restaurant scene.
* Lunches at any one of Finale Ligure's most incredible Osteria's, with only fresh and local produce used. These range from €10-€15 per day and are well worth it.
* Any bike parts you may require, or advanced assistance you may require from our mechanic (suspension servicing etc).
Beautiful Finale Ligure
To book your place on the Women, Blow your limits Camp please use the contact form below
Please add the Camp name - Women, Blow your limits, so we know which camp you wish to join,