About Finale Ligure - Riders Week Villa Arcelli in Finale Ligure
Finale Ligure mountain bike holidays, this place really is one of a kind, there is nowhere else quite like it. Finale Ligure on the Italian Riviera is home to thousands of feet of the world's best mountain bike trails starting high up in the mountains behind the town and rolling all the way down to the Mediterranean sea. This is as good as any mountain bike holiday gets.
Our Finale Ligure Mountain bike holidays run from Sunday - Sunday throughout the Spring and Autumn, we close in summer due to the extreme heat and in winter as we like to go skiing! Our beautiful classic Italian villa sleeps 14 people over 5 bedrooms and is located only metres from the beach and Mediterranean sea.
- Accommodation in our stunning villa located only metres from the beach and town square of Finale Ligure.
- Return airport transfers from Nice Airport with bike carriage.
- Amazing, locally sourced food, served five nights of the week alongside continental breakfast on six mornings.
- SWAG BAG with legit goodies from our partners such as Peaty's,VeloForte, OneUp Components, Granite straps and FOX Racing. BIG.
- Five full days of uplifts with professional guide riding the best trails in Finale Ligure.
- Bee Kind Toiletries with fresh, crisp cotton linen, towels and beach towels.
- Experienced, passionate, professional and knowledgeable staff
- Onsite mechanic, bike wash down station with Peaty's Products and works area with Park Tool stand, brushes, tools and pump.
After 12 months of searching in 2016 we secured one of the best Mountain Bike villas in Finale Ligure located only metres from the beach and the centre of town. The Villa is a grand traditional Italian townhouse with amazing character spread out across 3 levels with a stunning rooftop terrace for eating and socialising, as well as a huge rear courtyard for cleaning, tinkering and fixing up your bikes.
30% per person, non-refundable booking deposit is required to secure your place on the rider's week. The full balance is due 8 weeks before your arrival in Finale Ligure.
If you would like your own room there is a £250 single occupancy supplement possability depending on availability. This is limited to 2 room maximum per week.
We try to keep all groups together but sometimes when numbers are odd you might be sharing a room with a member of another party. We will endeavor to keep rooms to the same sex and if this is not possible will only mix the rooms once we have checked with all clients this is ok.
What is the trip in a nutshell?
Based on 7 nights arriving Sunday and departing the following Sunday in a large villa metres from the beaches of Finale Ligure. The trip is catered 6 mornings and 5 nights. Uplifts and guide are provided for 5 days as are your transfers from and to Nice Airport.
Example riding program
- Monday - We head straight up the famous Nato Base for 'chairlift laps' touring the upper and lower Feglino trails with your guide and crew. We'll try to pack as many runs in here as we can. The riding here is considered the 'easiest' of Finale's trail network but is still super fast, technical and challenging single track of varying length from 5 - 20 minute runs if completed in one hit.
- Tuesday - We'll make our way over to the Melogno area with a view to hitting up trails like Roller Coaster and Cacciatore. On the this side of the hill the flow remains but the technicality increases with more rock, longer runs and some steeper sections to get the blood pumping.
- Wednesday - Adventure! We'll be doing some pedalling today, a couple of big uplifts to get as high as possible, from here depending on group level and experience we'll hit up the trails of Pietra Ligure, hike Monte Carmo or make our way across to Rocche Gianche and Men's DH. Expect to pedal for around an hour.
- Thursday - A well earned rest day to make the most of Finale town, the beach, or if you want to head up the hill for a blast there are some single uplift companies available.
- Friday - Friday we aim to ease you back into it with a gentle lap in the morning followed by two monster trails throughout the day, depending on conditions these would be trails such as Fast & Furious or Super Groppo (from the very top of Stra Groppo). There will be some effort required to get to these but they are well worth it! Around half an hours pedalling to each. In between these trails will be some shorter laps dependent on the riding zone we are in.
- Saturday - Greatest hits. We've been listening all week and now it's back to you guys. What do you want to ride, what do you need to tick off, where do you need that holiday snap. We'll make a plan based on what the group wants to do and blast Finale Ligure together for one more day!
Follow our Ability Assessor to see if this holiday is for you
- Advised bike - 160mm - 180mm aggressive enduro bike
- Fitness - 3
- Skills and Technical ability - 3
- Riding Style - Full Enduro / Freeracer / All Natural / Spirit of Adventure
Please take a look at our Track Check video's here so you can see just how epic this destination is and what to expect
Please check your flight times with us before you book them to avoid long wait times at the airport, sometimes this is inevitable but we try to minimise it as much as possible with prior information from you. Some flights from Ireland and Scotland have late arrival times so please do check before booking them.
From experience of late arrival times in resort, after 23h, we strongly advise looking into flights that arrive the day before the Riders Week package starts (Arrive Saturday and check in to the villa on the Sunday) and either transferring to a hotel in Finale Ligure on the Saturday, or using an airport hotel in Nice. Something many clients have done and found it greatly reduced fatigue and stress of getting yourself together for 9h uplifts on the Monday morning after a late arrival.
There is a €5 per person per week Tourist tax which has been introduced from 2019, this will be collected at the end of your stay in cash and is paid directly to the local council town hall.
Check in at the Riders Weeks Properties is from 15h.
Check out is at 10h.
If you arrive earlier than 15h, we'll be there ready to welcome you in with a beer and show you about. You can get your bikes built up and use any common space. However facilities such as your room, the jacuzzi and showers may not be ready until 15h. We only ask you bear with staff and the cleaning team while they get the place tip top as guests are departing.
If you are leaving resort later than 10h, you are still welcome to stay in the chalet and use common spaces, you can store your bike bag and go riding if there is enough time before you leave. We only ask that you understand the team will be trying to get the property ship shape for incoming clients, so please try and keep mess to a minimum and belongings tidy.
This is an eventuality we can not control, the decision not to shuttle is that of Finale Outdoor Resort. We will always move our rest day to compensate in the first instance. Further days cancelled in Finale Ligure mean we will do our very best to ride other zones nearby, though they are often subject to the same rules and conditions we are in Finale Ligure.
This decision is taken for the safety of the public riding, safety of the roads and can be taken due to the rapid degradation of the trail network.
We cannot ignore severe weather warnings and though we will do everything we can to ride, in the event of a severe weather alert, any guide riding with clients will have no insurance in the event of any accident. With the added risk of access by emergency services being limited in extreme weather we must put client safety first. (The woods are vast, dense and hard to get to in certain points, having relied on helicopters to evacuate riders in the past we have know from what could have been, not to take unnecessary risks).
Any change in resort is dependent on the availability of their shuttle service and weather conditions there.
Booking and Availability
The below availability is updated weekly so please enquire and we will let you know if we have had any cancellations or Space in our other chalet
All Riders Week properties in Finale Ligure run Sunday to Sunday
|01/11/2020||12 - Cooler, crisp days, leaves on the ground, quiet!||£749|
|08/11/2020||14 - Available on enquiry / Minimum numbers||£749|