Our Finale Ligure Mountain Bike Holiday will show you everything from the Enduro World Series trails to the secret Singletrack in the Ligurian backcountry! Finale Ligure is one of the best mountain bike destinations in the world. Ride from mountain peak to beers on the beach and soak up the Italian culture, food and hospitality in between!
With our professional guides, uplifts vehicles and knowledgable staff you will discover the best trails in Finale Ligure. With your base only meters from the beach and 2 minutes walk into town, our beautiful classic Italian villa is one of a kind.
- Accommodation in our stunning villa located only metres from the beach and town square of Finale Ligure.
- Return airport transfers with bike carriage (Nice)
- Amazing, locally sourced food, served five nights of the week alongside continental breakfast on six mornings.
- SWAG BAG with legit goodies from our partners such as Peaty's, Specialized, OneUp, Granite straps, Trail Maps and FOX Racing.
- Five full days of uplifts with professional guides riding the best trails in Finale Ligure.
- Bee Kind Toiletries with fresh, crisp cotton linen, towels and beach towels.
- Experienced, passionate, professional and knowledgeable staff
- Onsite mechanic, bike wash station with Peaty's Products and work area with Park Tool stand, brushes, tools, pump
To secure your place on the rider's week A 30% per person, booking deposit is required. Deposits are non refundable and the full balance is due 8 weeks before your arrival in Finale Ligure.
Under the current Covid situation we are happy to offer date swaps free of charge and bookings will be refunded in full or again moved to an alternative date if the FCO advise against travel. The situation is ever changing and we are being as flexible as possible, if you have any concerns please get in touch.
If you would like your own room there is a £250 single occupancy supplement possability depending on availability. This is limited to 2 rooms maximum per week.
We try to keep all groups together but sometimes when numbers are odd you might be sharing a room with a member of another party. We will endeavor to keep rooms to the same sex and if this is not possible will only mix the rooms once we have checked with all clients this is ok.
What is the trip in a nutshell?
Based on 7 nights arriving Sunday and departing the following Sunday in a large villa metres from the beaches of Finale Ligure. The trip is catered 6 mornings and 5 nights. Uplifts and guide are provided for 5 days as are your transfers from and to Nice Airport.
Example riding program
- Monday - We head straight up the famous Nato Base for 'chairlift laps' touring the upper and lower Feglino trails with your guide and crew. We'll try to pack as many runs in here as we can. The riding here is considered the 'easiest' of Finale's trail network but is still super fast, technical and challenging single track of varying length from 5 - 20 minute runs if completed in one hit.
- Tuesday - We'll make our way over to the Melogno area with a view to hitting up trails like Roller Coaster and Cacciatore. On the this side of the hill the flow remains but the technicality increases with more rock, longer runs and some steeper sections to get the blood pumping.
- Wednesday - Adventure! We'll be doing some pedalling today, but it's worth every stroke, a couple of big uplifts to get as high as possible, from here depending on group level and experience we'll hit up the trails of Pietra Ligure, hike Monte Carmo or make our way across to Rocche Gianche and Men's DH. Total pedal time around an hour.
- Thursday - A well earned rest day to make the most of Finale town, the beach, or if you want to head up the hill for a blast there are some single uplift companies available.
- Friday - Friday we aim to ease you back into it with a gentle lap in the morning followed by two monster trails throughout the day, depending on conditions these would be trails such as Fast & Furious or Super Groppo (from the very top if you're up for it). There will be some effort required to get to these but they are well worth it! Around half an hours pedalling to each. In between these trails will be some shorter laps dependent on the riding zone we are in.
- Saturday - Greatest hits. We've been listening all week and now it's back to you guys. What do you want to ride, what do you need to tick off, where do you need that holiday snap. We'll make a plan based on what the group wants to do and blast Finale Ligure together for one more day!
Follow our Ability Assessor to see if this holiday is for you
- Advised bike - 150mm - 180mm Enduro Bike
- Fitness - 3
- Skills and Technical ability - 3
- Riding Style - Full Enduro / Freeracer / All Natural / Spirit of Adventure
Please take a look at our Track Check video's here so you can see just how epic this destination is and what to expect
Please check your flight times with us before you book them to avoid long wait times at the airport, sometimes this is inevitable but we try to minimise it as much as possible with prior information from you. Some flights from Ireland and Scotland have late arrival times so please do check before booking them.
From experience of late arrival times in resort, after 22h, we strongly advise looking into flights that arrive the day before the Riders Week package starts (Arrive Saturday and check in to the villa on the Sunday) and either transferring to a hotel in Finale Ligure on the Saturday, or using an airport hotel in Nice. Something many clients have done and found it greatly reduced fatigue and stress of getting yourself together for 9h uplifts on the Monday morning after a late arrival.
Transfers are included to or from Nice or Genoa airport, on Sundays only. For any other day please enquire for a price.
Nice & Genoa are included at no extra cost, except for scheduled departures before 10h and for arrivals after 20h. Flights booked to depart or arrive after these times will incur a surcharge of €100 per van journey. Delayed flights arriving after 20h will not incur a surcharge
Wait times may occur and cannot be foreseen until all bookings are in our system, we will try and keep these to less than 1 hour but it maybe more, possibly up to 4 hours, though this is unlikely and has never occured before. Wait times may apply to arrivals and departures. IE We may drop clients at the airport 4 hours before they are required to be there for check in.
If you do not want to wait a private transfer or the train is an option for them. Fees are dependent on dates and availability.
Transfers to or from Milan Airports may incur a surcharge of between €350 & €500 per van journey, each way if this is not our primary pick up destination. IE If we have not changed the preferred airport in the booking process.
There is a €5 per person per week Tourist tax which has been introduced from 2019, this will be collected at the end of your stay in cash and is paid directly to the local council town hall.
Check in at the Riders Weeks Properties is from 15h.
Check out is at 10h.
If you arrive earlier than 15h, we'll be there ready to welcome you in with a beer and show you about. You can get your bikes built up and use any common space. However facilities such as your room and showers may not be ready until 15h. We ask you bear with staff and the cleaning team while they get the place tip top as guests are departing.
If you are leaving resort later than 10h, you can store your bike bag or even go riding if there is enough time before you leave. We ask that you understand the team will be trying to get the property ship shape for incoming clients, so please try and keep mess to a minimum and belongings tidy.
This is an eventuality we can not control, the decision not to shuttle is that of Finale Outdoor Resort. We will always move our rest day to compensate in the first instance. Further days cancelled in Finale Ligure mean we will do our very best to ride other zones nearby, though they are often subject to the same rules and conditions we are in Finale Ligure.
This decision is taken for the safety of the public riding, safety of the roads and can be taken due to the rapid degradation of the trail network.
We cannot ignore severe weather warnings and though we will do everything we can to ride, in the event of a severe weather alert, any guide riding with clients will have no insurance in the event of any accident. With the added risk of access by emergency services being limited in extreme weather we must put client safety first. (The woods are vast, dense and hard to get to in certain points, having relied on helicopters to evacuate riders in the past we know what could have been, so we will not to take unnecessary risks).
Any change in resort is dependent on the availability of their shuttle service and weather conditions there.
We operate two VW Transporters in Finale Ligure and each can take up to 7 clients around the trails of Finale Ligure and beyond. The maximum occupancy of the villa is 14.
Groups of over 7 will always be split over the two vans, if group numbers dictate, smaller groups may also be split up (for example if we have 3 groups of 4). The nature of the riding in Finale Ligure makes it impractical and unsafe to ride in large groups on many of the trails, especially so if abilities vary amongst the riders. For this reason the vans will not always be together and though riders will not miss out on trails, or the amount of them you may not be riding with your entire group all of the time.
We will always do our best to match abilities in each van to ensure every client gets the best and safest possible riding experience with enough guide interaction to deliver the best holiday possible.
If your booking takes the entire villa and both vans we will keeps the vans and group together as much as possible while ensuring safety and the best riding experience.
Booking and Availability
Please select your preferred date below or use the enquiry form to start the booking process. Please feel free to contact us to discuss any elements further before booking if you need to. Once your booking is made you can always make amendments at a later date if you so wish.
PRIVATE GROUPS - please contact us for a custom tour on a specific date and one of our team will get back to you ASAP!
Finale Ligure 2023 MTB Holiday bookings are now live
Fri, 09/17/2021 - 12:18
Just home from the Tweed Valley Enduro Long Weekend with MTB Beds. Wow what a weekend. Epic riding, superb guides, great accommodation and some more epic riding. A superb intro to the Tweed Valley and the riding on offer at Glentress, The Golfie and Innerleithen. Rich and The MTB Beds team are superb - helpful, knowledgeable and responsive and Murray and the Team at Glentress Hotel were brilliant. Thoroughly recommended.
Mon, 09/13/2021 - 17:29
Amazing trip in the Tweed Valley, 4 days of brilliant trails and expertly guided by Craig. Great location as well based from the Glentress Hotel.